[OSM-legal-talk] Someone already had a look at the Bing TermsofUse?

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Mon Dec 20 00:32:12 GMT 2010

>> And now add to that we have explit permission to use the imagery....
>
> I've repeatedly asked where is the explicit permission to use Bing Imagery
> to create derived works

The explicit permission is to use the imagery to update OSM:  "any
updates you make to the OpenStreetMap map via the Application (even if
not published to third parties) must be contributed back to
openstreetmaps.org".

The explicit permission doesn't use the terminology of "create derived
works", but that makes sense since using the imagery to update OSM
doesn't "create derived works".