[OSM-legal-talk] Use of OSM data by the military and/or intelligence services

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 14:49:10 GMT 2010

AFAIK our current license offers our data for everyone who attributes
correctly, but I'd like to raise the issue of malicious use of our
data by governmental organisations. What do you thing about setting up
a paragraph that prohibits the use of our data for military and
intelligence services? Not that I'm hoping this would seriously
prevent the use in case we have useful data to them, but still it
would be a statement.

cheers,
Martin