[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] Use of OSM data by the military and/or intelligence services

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Thu Feb 4 20:07:35 GMT 2010

El Jueves, 4 de Febrero de 2010, Dave F. escribió:
> Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
> > The US Military and Intelligence services are ALREADY using OSM, and
> > its use will continue.
>
> Are there examples of this you could post?

I'm pretty sure that some of the Haiti crisis responders are military in
nature. FWIK, at least, Spain usually sends both civil and military
search-and-rescue personnel to earthquake sites.

UNOSAT, JRC, ITHACA, SOUTHCOM... at some point, some organisation using OSM
maps&data may have printed a map for some military rescue team.

Should we prevent some relief teams from using OSM?

--

Now listening to: Karunesh - Sounds of the Heart (2003) - [6] Sounds of the
Heart (6:16) (0.000000%)