[OSM-legal-talk] Contributor Terms draft changes

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Feb 14 20:38:32 GMT 2010

Hi,

Mike Collinson wrote:
> can someone sue on the basis of misuse of their
> data?  Our understanding from Counsel is: Yes.  OSMF can on the basis of
> collective/database rights. An individual contributor can if it concerns
> data that they added.

What would be the legal basis for that?

Say I add a whole town to OSM. You then use that data with blatant
disregard for the license.

If I want to sue you, then you must have violated a right of mine, or
broken a contract with me.

Given that we are in the process of throwing away a license that is
rooted in copyright because we say that copyright doesn't apply - which
of my rights would you have violated, or which contract broken?