[OSM-legal-talk] Number of active contributors

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Tue Feb 16 18:31:55 GMT 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 06:31:59PM +0100, Mike Collinson wrote:
> Interesting. That is a lower figure than I personally was envisioning when we made the above definition, and therefore potentially disenfranchising of genuine OSM community.  Perhaps we should review it, 3 calendar months in the last 12 perhaps?? Comments welcome.

I have previously expressed my opinion that the definition was too
narrow, and seeing the statistics has strengthened that.

I preferred scrapping the “activeness” check entirely (and still do),
but later suggested 18 months.

I don’t think the requirement should necessarilly be that those
contributions be evenly spread out.  E.g. months 1-3 of 18 should be
acceptable.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall