[OSM-legal-talk] Copyright Assignment

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Tue Jan 5 21:24:58 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 07:33:44PM +0000, Rob Myers wrote:
> back, and that having changed licences once it's important that OSM be
> able to change/upgrade/whatever the licence in the future

I believe the contributor terms are too broad.  I answered the poll in
favour of moving to the ODbL, but failed to take into account the
contributor terms.  The upgrade clause in the ODbL should be sufficient
for any future licensing, and if the change is away from that, I expect
as a contributor to be consulted about it.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall