[OSM-legal-talk] Copyright Assignment

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jan 6 01:44:53 GMT 2010

Hi,

Simon Ward wrote:
> I also think the definition of an active contributor is too narrow.  I
> actually think it should be scrapped completely, because it doesn’t
> matter whether somebody isn’t active any more.

Oh yes it does, because if someone isn't active any more it will become
harder and harder to get an opinion out of him. Someone who is not
active any more will often have lost interest or lost his life, that's
why, while desirable, it is not practical to give them a say.

Unless you're willing sign something that says "I agree that OSMF will
make two attempts to contact me at my registered e-mail address with
information on how to vote on an upcoming license change suggestion, and
if I don't react then that counts as an "abstain" vote."

Bye
Frederik