[OSM-legal-talk] Fwd: [CrisisMappers] Fwd: VL: We want to help you make a crisis Map of Skoder

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 20 22:12:50 GMT 2010

Hello,
Can we use the crisis maps for tracing?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Stevens <tazarkount at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 6:51 PM
Subject: Re: [CrisisMappers] Fwd: VL: We want to help you make a
crisis Map of Skoder
To: crisismappers at googlegroups.com
Cc: zki-am at dlr.de, zki at dlr.de, Lóránt Czárán
<lorant.czaran at unoosa.org>, chris.nicholas at unoosa.org,
pekka.tiainen at cmcfinland.fi, tirana at unicef.org

James

Following up on my previous email to you I wanted to add some input:

The Charter did produce maps and they are downloadable

http://www.disasterscharter.org/web/charter/activation_details?p_r_p_1415474252_assetId=ACT-286

Perhaps UNDP, UNDAC and/or UNICEF could check first and confirm if
this covers the full area of interest.

ZKI produced the map and I am copying them on this email so you can
follow-up with them.

Several sensors were used .... Charter policy is to use the data to
produce the value added products for the response phase only (we are
most certainly in the early recovery) and not to share the raw data.
We could ask if they would provide the data  for free (no harm asking
... these space agencies are always pitching in and helping out).
FORMOSAT-2 can be obtained for free. We can follow-up on this if
needed.

We could also follow-up on imagery that was tasked speculatively. We
did at the time inform the satellite operators of the emergency (we do
so for emergencies when the UN is involved, at the request of a
UN-SPIDER National Focal Point, or at the request of one of our
regional partners).

Let us know how we can help. Best to use my UN email

david.stevens at unoosa.org

David Stevens
UN-SPIDER

--