[OSM-legal-talk] public transport routing and OSM-ODbL

James Livingston lists at sunsetutopia.com
Fri Jul 9 12:48:26 BST 2010

On 09/07/2010, at 12:24 AM, Matt Amos wrote:
> I agree with Andy. This is what I understand the ODbL to be saying. Unfortunately, as with any legal text, its difficult to read and this is an unavoidable consequence of the legal system. If you need interpretation of the license, new or old, the best route may be to consult a lawyer.

Consult a lawyer with the caveat that what they tell you may only apply to the one jurisdiction. While they can tell you whether you're likely to be able to do or not do[0] something, it's harder for them to tell you whether other people can/can't do something in a different legal environment.

[0] as far as lawyers can advise about things, without being tested in court it's just an (obviously educated) estimate of your chances.