[OSM-legal-talk] License Cut-over and critical mass

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Jul 13 10:07:15 BST 2010

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010, Andy Allan wrote:
> After lots of discussions and "What if..." scenarios we've all come to
> the realisation that it's much better to find out what actually
> happens, and make decisions based on the results.

I still don't agree with this approach. It doesn't sit with my idea of
democracy. When people vote they need to know for what they are voting, and
what the cut off marks are considered to be.

Even a broad statement which said

(100 - Y)% = pass
(100 - Y - X)% = uncertain
(100 - Y - X - Z)% = fail

where X, Y, Z are positive numbers
would be an improvement on a situation which says
"When we get the numbers we'll decide on the cutoff point"