[OSM-legal-talk] License Cut-over and critical mass

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 19:07:36 BST 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 08:14:46PM +1000, John Smith wrote:
> And that's where the fear comes in, just because you may have good
> intentions doesn't mean that it won't harm my goals.

Did you think there would be no losers?  The project can’t please
everyone.  If you care that much, why not campaign with reasons against
the license change, and encourage lots of OSMers to disagree with it. If
you’re lucky you might get enough support to halt the process.  With all
of your talk about majorities, surely this would be the way to change
things, and not just a thread of whining and fear about the loss of
imported data on the list.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall