[OSM-legal-talk] CC-BY-SA and derivate works

Phil Monger philm94 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 10:39:32 BST 2010

Alex,

I wouldn't worry too much about this. You simply state that the mapping
(including any derivative elements) is CC-By-SA.

Anything you have added to the map that is not derivative or based on it
(i.e. your Logo) remains (C).

If anyone wants to actually scan that map, and try to sell lack-lustre
copies (after going to the length or re-doing the marginalia) they can -
they won't get very far.

Having said that, simply printing OSM as a royalty free version of an A-Z
map is not very creative. Try to come up with a custom rendering that does
something your customers want.

Just my $0.02

Phil