[OSM-legal-talk] Using osm data + private data

Michael musset mickamusset at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 12:36:54 BST 2010

Hi,

i've done a long research about that, i asked to the irc community but it
seems that not everybody have the same opinion about that.

So here i am,

I would like to know if we can use osm data + private data for commercial
use.

Example 1 :
i've a osm map and i sell the service; that a company can see a car fleet on
a map. Can i do that ?

Example 2/ :
i've a osm map on my own server, but because i've some private data and too
dangerous for the company to publish it, i will never publish it to the
community.
But i sell a service to a company that i can track people in an industrial
site.

So can i do that ? because i will use the osm data + i've added my own data
on that. And i will sell the service to be able to track the employees.

thank you for the answer it will help me a lot !