[OSM-legal-talk] having anonymous internet users editing the map

Lulu-Ann at gmx.de Lulu-Ann at gmx.de
Fri Jun 25 13:08:59 BST 2010

Hi there,

there is a plan to publish a map where anybody can edit OSM.
The data is not forwarded to the OSM database directly but
written into .osm files for upload with JOSM.

The upload is planned to be done manually with a single user account.

I am worried that web users (or even commercial map providers) might add copyrighted data.

Is the uploader reliably? I guess yes.

What will happen to him?

* A bot to revert the edits?
* A suspended account?
* Any legal consequences.

The map is a cool idea and great realization.
As the topic of the map is discussed controversely,
vandalism is likely to happen, I am afraid.

I expect that there will be so many edits that the uploader will not be able to check the data before upload.

The uploader is resistent against my warnings.
(YES. Against MY warnings... ;-)   )

Help!

Regards
Lulu-Ann