[OSM-legal-talk] ODbL: Produced Works other than maps

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Mar 27 09:45:25 GMT 2010

Hi,

    until now, most of us (I believe) have viewed the ODbL's "Produced
Works" concept as relating to something like a PNG image made from the
OSM database. A map tile, if you will.

I wonder what other forms of "Produced Works" there are. What, for
example, about lists? If I produce from OSM a list of all bakeries in
London, with addresses, and put that up on a web page - is that more
something like a PNG image (a Produced Work), or is it already a
database excerpt (a little Javascript magic might allow you to sort the
table or to filter out certain elements - certainly characteristics of a
data base)?

If the latter - would things be any different if I offered the list  (a)
not on a web page, but as a PDF document which has less database-like
capabilities, or (b) in printed form?