[OSM-legal-talk] Proposed human readable contributor terms

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri May 14 22:57:45 BST 2010

On 14/05/10 22:53, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:

> The attribution part is there because of section #4 of the contributor
> terms:
>
>      4. At Your or the copyright holder’s option, OSMF agrees to
>      attribute You or the copyright holder. A mechanism will be
>      provided, currently a web page
>      http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Attribution
>
> They apply whether you're a new user or not. I don't see any reason
> why new users would care less about attribution than users that have
> signed up in the past.

The point is not that we don't need to explain how attribution is
handled but rather that we don't need to mention that it's a change
because a new user has no knowledge of previous arrangements.

In other words the first sentence of the last paragraph is not needed
for a new user.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)