[OSM-legal-talk] Licenses for data sources

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Mon Nov 1 01:10:25 GMT 2010

Is there a consolidated list of licenses that are acceptable on data sources
for use for importing or tracing into OSM? I ask this question because wiki
information has been contradicted by email discussion on the subject of City
of Vancouver open data.

Additionally, is it acceptable to trace from PDDL orthography into OSM? The
City of Surrey has some orthography of a very high quality and they have
released it and all of their GIS data under PDDL. I would expect PDDL to be
compatible, but having received contradictory information once, I'm
checking.