[OSM-legal-talk] JOSM and spam

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 11:38:21 GMT 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 11/24/2010 10:57 AM, Erik Johansson wrote:
>>
>> It would be great if someone could convince the JOSM people to remove
>> the ODbL blurb in JOSM, people get scared and spam everyone who hasn't
>> agreed to the new license.
>>
>> I do not appreciate getting lots of ODbL FUD spam,
>
> Are you sure this has something to do with JOSM? I mean, we've been saying
> it for half a year now on EVERY wiki page ("OSM is changing its license"...)
> and it's been on the JOSM startup page for quite a while now
> I would not want people to send messages to "total strangers" but if it is
> someone from an area where you have edited a lot,

Yes I'm sure it has to do with JOSM, and it seems like you think it
should continue?

As we all know very few people care about the license, and even if
they don't care it is this message in JOSM makes people send me a mail
that is 4 sentences long stating "Hey your data will be deleted if you
don't press ok".

/Emj