[OSM-legal-talk] Database and its contents

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 08:09:38 GMT 2010

On 25 November 2010 17:39, ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert
Gremmen <g.gremmen at cetest.nl> wrote:

> The position is a fact, name is a fact, cuisine they serve is a fact,
> along with the other details.
> Facts cannot be copyright. Creative Commons licences are not designed
> for factual information.
>
> [<GG>]
> I agree with that, and no facts can be protected by any law.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the only positional fact be
things like geocoding lookups?

If you have to make a decision about placement doesn't this require
some kind of creative process or decision on the placement, regardless
if it is derived or interpreted?