[OSM-legal-talk] Legal or not? user srpskicrv and source = TOPO 25 VGI BEOGRAD

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 08:32:01 BST 2010

We Croatian OSM contributers noticed that user srpskicrv started mapping
in Croatia somethings that we had no GPS traces, and also in Bosnia and
Serbia.

Guys asked srpskicrv what are his sources and he gave us this link:
http://www.vgi.mod.gov.rs/proizvodi/analogni/tk25exyu/tk25a_exyu.html

We don't see these maps listed on:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Out-of-copyright_maps

His explanation is that Serbia is only country that has kept copyright on
these maps after the breakage of Yugoslavia.

We know that Croatian Geodetic Administration Surveyor Office also claims
copyright on those maps, and we expect that Bosnian does also.

I know that srpskicrv was doing what he thought was right but what to do
until this matter is cleared up?

I asked him to join this conversation so he can say who gave him
permission to use those maps.

Cheers,
Valent.

--