[OSM-legal-talk] Legal or not? user srpskicrv and source = TOPO 25 VGI BEOGRAD

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 09:49:24 BST 2010

On 3 October 2010 17:49, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> I don't see why we should treat a nation state's laws about copyright any
> different than a nation state's idiosyncratic laws about maps or surveying.
> If you are in Serbia and violate their copyright you'll end up being
> questioned by the authorities just as if you caught making a map in China.

Regulations about making maps in China again has nothing to do with
copyright ownership.

As for Serbia, Francis put it much better than I can, copyright is
over intellectual property and this is regardless if you are in their
territory or not, the only question would be if the Serbian government
has copyright and if they would enforce their copyrights.