[OSM-legal-talk] License Question

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Tue Oct 19 17:17:22 BST 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:55 AM, Kevin Sharpe
<kevin.sharpe at btinternet.com> wrote:
> I posted these questions to the Forum and it was suggested that I try here;
>
> We wish to add to OSM data relating to electric vehicle charge point
> locations and capabilities. However, it is not clear to me whether a third
> party could extract and use the charge point data without restriction.

In what jurisdiction?  I doubt your data is copyrightable, in which
case, barring some other legal restriction (database rights, trade
secret, etc.), yes, anyone can extract and use your data without
restriction, regardless of whether or not it's added to OSM.  However,
this is not legal advice.  If you want advice you can rely on, contact
a lawyer.