[OSM-legal-talk] License Question

Kevin Sharpe kevin.sharpe at btinternet.com
Wed Oct 20 14:17:38 BST 2010

Sam, unfortunately OSM brings little to the table with almost no charge
points documented today (indeed, OSM doesn't even have an agreed list of
suitable tags for charge points). This compares with the many thousands of
charge points that are already documented in the proprietary databases that
are growing daily. I want to support OSM but can't do that if the existing
databases choose not to contribute.

I think we will produce a standalone database that can be uploaded to OSM at
some future time... Maybe someone will take on the burden of resolving the
data conflicts that you have identified.

All the best,

Kevin