[OSM-legal-talk] How to deal with CC 2.0 data imports? Proposal Dual licensing of data under odbl-1.0

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 30 16:40:19 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 2:42 PM, Simon Ward <simon at bleah.co.uk> wrote:
> In any case, if I host my data elsewhere, and then “import” it into
> OpenStreetMap, do I get around this, or am I just being too hopeful?

yes, setup a company in the bahamas that holds all intellectual rights
of yours, that company would license all your data under the CC, then
funnel all profits from sales made in the USA of the data into
ireland, and pay no taxes! :D

Just kidding!
Seriously, this stuff seems to be not ripe yet. I wish people would
just figure it out first before asking us to change. If I have to go
back to my contacts again with another new license, I will be pissed
off.

mike