[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] Community vs. Licensing

Jane Smith janesmithosm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 07:11:13 BST 2010

2010/8/31 Dirk-Lüder Kreie <osm-list at deelkar.net>

> Am 31.08.2010 12:30, schrieb Liz:
> >> I was referring to user-mapped data. Imports have to fit the license,
> >> not the other way around.
> >
> > At the time of import the data imported fitted the licence.
> > Perhaps you had better look back at the archives for March 08 and see the
> > discussion over the LINZ import.
>
> Are you suggesting that one contributor should have power over many,
> just because they contributed more data? Because that seems what you are
> saying by using the import as an argument against the CT and the ODbL
> relicensing.

That is the argument of the Rich. That they contribut money when we the
people contribut our flesh and bones to the map!

Sureley someone who contribtues more than another is doing from their
goodwill and all contributions are equal in reality?

We need to rise up and take the reins of Power. As 80n has foretold.