[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] Community vs. Licensing

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 1 10:25:33 BST 2010

On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 05:12:21 -0400, Richard Weait <richard at weait.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 4:37 AM, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes, we contributors are being treated with contempt alright, besides
>> not being asked what we contributors want, since this whole thing
>> started it's been nothing but dirty tricks to try and get the license
>> changed.
>
> No, JohnSmith, still you present a skewed vision.
>
> Every time OSM contributors have been asked, they have supported ODbL
> (or license change before ODbL had a name).  All the way back to SotM
> Manchester. And all the way forward through polls and surveys and more
> SotM conferences.  All the time, collaborative discussions and

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but I don't recall a poll or a
survey where I've been asked if I want a license change and which
license I want.
I do know that people can currently accept the new ODbL license, but
they are not asked to decline it if they want that, so you will not get
the negative vote from that.

I must agree with John's feel here: I've not been asked if I want it,
I'm only asked to accept it or not.

Regards,
Maarten