[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] Community vs. Licensing

Rob Myers rob at robmyers.org
Wed Sep 1 14:23:03 BST 2010

On 09/01/2010 12:30 PM, John Smith wrote:
> On 1 September 2010 21:21, Rob Myers<rob at robmyers.org>  wrote:
>> "The devil is in the details."
>
> CT+ODBL has a lot of fine print...

So does BY-SA. And you should see GNU's GPL/copyright waiver/copyright
assignment combination. They are all trying to be as complete as
possible given their respective tasks.

>> But going from these reasonable objections to accusing the actions of the
>> part of the community that you don't agree with of being dishonest, immoral
>> and detrimental is too much of a rhetorical leap.
>
> So you condone the actions of people committing character
> assassinations,

Not when it was against OSMF/LWG members and not now. But if you are
accusing people of something that you yourself are doing, or are
debating in bad faith, then that being demonstrated is not "character
assassination".

> muck rack, abuse of statistics to achieve set outcomes

The only abuse of statistics I've seen are the attempts to move the
goalposts after the vote was taken.

> and all the rest of it?

The rest of what?

>> *Despite* paying attention I haven't seen anything that substantiates your
>> claim of "dirty tricks" on the part of the people you don't agree with.
>
> I have no problem with debating the issues,

Cool. Let's get back on topic, then.

- Rob.