[OSM-legal-talk] Google MapMaker and OSM data...

Ed Avis eda at waniasset.com
Wed Sep 8 11:40:50 BST 2010

80n <80n80n at ...> writes:

>I think we'd all love Google to use OSM content and they are welcome to do so
>as long they provide the correct attribution.  This is probably the right
>spirit in which to approach them initially.

What we'd love even more is for Google to open up their Map Maker crowdsourced
data so that it can be incorporated into OSM.  It makes no sense to have two
rival projects to map the world.

If we could reach some understanding whereby they can use our data (or at least
trace from our tiles) and vice versa, that would be the ideal outcome.

We're all eager to know how this turns out and what Google's response is.

--
Ed Avis <eda at waniasset.com>