[OSM-legal-talk] Would The ODbL and BY-SA Clash In A Database Extracted From a BY-SA Produced Work?

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Wed Sep 8 14:09:22 BST 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 4:18 AM, andrzej zaborowski <balrogg at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's the same here in Europe (or at least in Poland), a copyright
> assignment can only be done in writing.

Well yeah, I believe it's the same in the United States, in that
assignments must be "in writing and signed".

Of course, in most US states, I believe typing one's name into a web
form where it says "place signature here" qualifies as being "in
writing and signed".  No idea about other jurisdictions.

As we've said, it appears to be moot anyway.  The CT refers to a
non-exclusive license in large part precisely to avoid these issues.