[OSM-legal-talk] OS Opendata & the new license

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Thu Sep 16 19:29:41 BST 2010

  On 16/09/2010 16:43, Robert Whittaker (OSM) wrote:
> If it isn't will this mean previous traced/imported Opendata will have to be removed?
> If the incompatibilities in the licenses / CTs are not resolved before
> the OSM license change goes ahead, then as far as I can see, the only
> option would be to remove all OS OpenData derived mapping from OSM.

This saddens me.

I find it hard to conceive that members of OSM were lobbying the
OS/Government to release data for public use, whilst at the same time
(by the same people?) creating a new license that's incompatible with it.

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

----

If a way is just traced from OSSV, ie not completely accurate, & not
attributed; how is it's origin to be judged?

Cheers
Dave F.