[OSM-legal-talk] OS Opendata & the new license

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:32:02 BST 2010

On 28 September 2010 21:03, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> The question I am asking myself is: Is the ability to import as much
> government data as possible really worth the hassle? And my personal answer
> is a clear no; because to me, the value of imported data is very small,
> almost neglibile compared to data contributed by members.

How many more people have to express an opinion that differs to yours
before you will accept the fact that people do want the ability to
import data, not to mention the ability to keep existing work.

I really wish someone would have the backbone to fess up and say OSM
will now go in this direction, or OSM is going in that direction,
because frankly the indecisiveness is turning existing and potential
contributors away.