[OSM-legal-talk] Compliance timeline

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 11:52:42 BST 2011

On 8 April 2011 20:38, Nick Hocking <nick.hocking at gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe that this is the (only) critical issue. To be open contributions
> need to be given freely and without restriction, so as to avoid the current
> situation where some contributors (with varying agendas) seem to be holding
> OSM to ransom by threatening not to relicence their contributions.

Which is something only done by commercial companies, most community
based projects have a fixed license, I'd love for someone to try and
push something like the CTs on kernel contributors and see how far
they got considering how strongly people are in favour of share a
like.

The flip side to your rhetoric is that people are holding OSM (the
community) hostage to force through their agenda in future.