[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] Announcement: "Add-tags" a tool to connect OpenStreetMap & Wikipedia

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Apr 9 13:40:28 BST 2011

Hi,

Kolossos wrote:
> there is a new tool to bring more Wikipedia-Tags inside OSM-database and
> connect so both projects more and more. It can be found here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM/Plugins/RemoteControl/Add-tags
>
> It's the idea to use later this connections to highlight the matching
> OSM objects in the map that we use in Wikipedia.
> It brings also the information that was collected collected in Wikipedia
> like Interwikilinks into OSM to render better multilingual-maps.

Care should be taken to only copy information in the Wikipedia->OSM
direction when that information is either

a) in the public domain, or
b) trivial enough to not warrant any copyright protection, or
c) the relevant Wikiepdia authors have agreed.

Otherwise, the information copied from Wikipedia would be strictly
CC-BY-SA licensed and would have to be removed when we change our
license to ODbL.

(Followup-to legal-talk.)

Bye
Frederik