[OSM-legal-talk] Rights granted to OSMF (Section 2 of the CT)

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 11:32:20 BST 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> I'd hate to see someone go and say "we don't want your contribution". But if
> any mapper really believes that at some point in the future, they will want
> to withdraw their data from OSM because 2/3 of mappers choose a free and
> open license that this mapper might not be comfortable with - then that
> mapper's attitude is simply not something that we can live with in a
> community project

That rather neatly sums up the position taken by OSMF doesn't it?

Their attitude of "we don't want your contribution" is definitely not
something we can live with in a community project.

Everyone has made an irrevocable contribution to OSM.  Nobody is
threatening to remove their own data.  It's just OSMF that is
threatening to remove OTHER PEOPLE's data.  That is exceptionally
unpalatable.