[OSM-legal-talk] A case for CT + CC-BY-SA

phobie osmlists.phobie at safersignup.com
Tue Aug 2 18:04:09 BST 2011

I suggest to mark all CC-BY-SA-only objects with a licence-tag instead
of deleting them automatically!
Start offering zwo plant dumps, one CC-BY-SA-only and one ODbL-only,
and than let the users decide which they want to use!

We should only start thinking about removing the CC-BY-SA-only licenced
export after both dumps contain identical data or
someone really successfully abuses problems of the CC-BY-SA licence!

Doing a massive data deletion of all non-ODbL data is just destructive
and useless.
Especially because nothing forces us to do so!
Non-ODbL data will vanish over time by itself.

Regards
phobie