[OSM-legal-talk] I want my access back

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Aug 9 21:48:05 BST 2011

Mike, Florian, Gert,

    if you want to make edits and are uncomfortable with putting your 
old edits under the Contributor Terms, you can create a new account and 
make edits with that. This will *not* have any influence on the data you 
contributed with your old account; only your new edits will fall under 
the CT.

If you want to make edits to OSM without agreeing to the CT even for 
these new edits, then sorry, we are not interested in that kind of 

If "not agreeing to the CT" is more imporant to you than "contributing 
to OpenStreetMap", then you could e.g. sign up to fosm.org and 
contribute there.

Gert, you seem to be under the impression that the license change 
process has somehow failed just because we're still handing out the 
planet under CC-BY-SA. But you are wrong; this has always been the case. 
Were we to switch to ODbL today we'd lose too much data; we'd rather 
patch things up *before* we switch. And this is not a recent change of 
plans; it was always planned to wait until it is feasible to make the 
switch. Personally, I expect it to happen in the first half of 2012 but 
I have no LWG inside knowledge.


Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail frederik at remote.org  ##  N49°00'09" E008°23'33"

More information about the legal-talk mailing list