[OSM-legal-talk] I want my access back

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Aug 9 21:48:05 BST 2011

Mike, Florian, Gert,

    if you want to make edits and are uncomfortable with putting your
old edits under the Contributor Terms, you can create a new account and
make edits with that. This will *not* have any influence on the data you
contributed with your old account; only your new edits will fall under
the CT.

If you want to make edits to OSM without agreeing to the CT even for
these new edits, then sorry, we are not interested in that kind of
contribution.

If "not agreeing to the CT" is more imporant to you than "contributing
to OpenStreetMap", then you could e.g. sign up to fosm.org and
contribute there.

Gert, you seem to be under the impression that the license change
process has somehow failed just because we're still handing out the
planet under CC-BY-SA. But you are wrong; this has always been the case.
Were we to switch to ODbL today we'd lose too much data; we'd rather
patch things up *before* we switch. And this is not a recent change of
plans; it was always planned to wait until it is feasible to make the
switch. Personally, I expect it to happen in the first half of 2012 but
I have no LWG inside knowledge.