[OSM-legal-talk] I want my access back

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Aug 10 10:43:11 BST 2011

Am 10.08.2011 11:29, schrieb Nic Roets:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:50 AM, ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert
> Gremmen<g.gremmen at cetest.nl>  wrote:
>> PD data does not need a
>> complicated and binding CT as the current one.
> True. But PD is "forward" compatible with the CTs. For example, we did
> not need to ask the upstream authors of TIGER to accept the CTs.
That is naturally the case because we have a well known source and
formal reasons
to be very sure that the data is actually really PD in the case of the
TIGER data.

In the case of an individual mappers contribution we have a very
different situation
where essentially we would need the same level of agreement as the
current CTs.

Simon