[OSM-legal-talk] I want my access back

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at latuviitta.fi
Thu Aug 11 18:01:44 BST 2011

Robert Kaiser <kairo at ...> writes:

> BTW, if you would want to change OSM to be PD, you probably would need
> to wipe the map clean and restart from scratch, as most contributors
> want an attribution to the project at least - and that's what's not
> guaranteed with current CC-BY-SA due to not applying for databases
> appropriately in some jurisdictions.

Theoretically we wouldn't need to guess if most OSM contributors want an
attribution or not. There is the alternative "Agree, and I consider my
contributions Public Domain". Those who have selected this do not care about
attribution. However, only a few sysadmins know how many of us have selected
this option because no statistics have been published.