[OSM-legal-talk] I want my access back

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Sat Aug 13 06:49:18 BST 2011

On 12.08.2011 11:46, Florian Lohoff wrote:

[....]

BTW: looking on your wiki page you declare:
=====================================
All my contributions to OpenStreetMap are released into the public
domain <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/public_domain>. This applies worldwide.
In case this is not legally possible, I grant anyone the right to use my
contributions *for any purpose*, without any conditions, unless such
conditions are required by law.
=====================================
So you declare that you don't matter what happens with you data:
everybody can do anything he likes. This means the OSMF can take all
your data and publish it under any any licence they want.

Question: which problem do you have with the ODBL? You can accept the
ODBL/CT and additionally check the PD flag => that's exactly what you
want according to your Wiki page.

BTW: to set the whole OSM database under PD is not capable of winning a
majority => no choice.

Best regards,
Michael.