[OSM-legal-talk] I want my access back

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Sat Aug 13 07:03:55 BST 2011

on 12.08.2011 23:34, Nic Roets wrote:

> If the OSMF wanted to hear all the
> different opinions on the license, they would not have formed the LWG,
> because legal-talk is a reasonable aggregation point for that.
There are a lot of different ways to discuss these days. A mailing list
is one way. But other guys prefer a forum. And there a lot of other
ways. So which one is the best and accepted by all?
And in practical work (eg in business) it shows that a discussion with
thousands (!) of persons doesn't work, you always have to form something
like a working group. [BTW: it even doesn't work if you have 100
persons]. So a working group is a  well-proven method to get out of this
probem and a fine decision.

And: there are alway two ways to transfer information. I'll give you an
example using "a document who is updated frequent". One possibility is
that somebody tries to inform everydody of a group on a single base by
always sending all this document after the update. Frequently this
doesn't work all the time as persons are not reachable (not all users
are known) or persons are nerved about the permanent information they
receve w/o wanting it or because of the costs (printed document). The
other is that ererybody out of a group has to inform himself about the
latest revision of this document which is provided on a public place.
This is a very frequent and efficient way used in business. So: did you
inform you frequently about the licence change? It doesn't seem to be
so. But then you should not complain about, that's a very poor behaviour
which unfortinately is very common...     :-(

Best regards,
Michael.