[OSM-legal-talk] I want my access back

Olaf Schmidt-Wischhöfer olaf at amen-online.de
Sat Aug 13 08:22:06 BST 2011

[Robert Kaiser, 12.08.2011, 16:46]:
> Oh, but every self-respecting member of the project is who will decide.

Someone who contributes for 15 years to OSM and does all contributing during
holiday time (e.g. December and July) will never be allowed to vote. Why do
you claim that this person is not „self-respecting“?

I accept that those with decision power in the OSMF decided to throw me out of
the community because my attempt to constructively help with improving the CT
was unwanted. I do not accept to be blamed for this decision, which was not
mine.

> And as for the OSMF, I cite www.osmfoundation.org with "The
> OpenStreetMap Foundation is an international not-for-profit organization
> supporting, but not controlling, the OpenStreetMap Project. It is
> dedicated to encouraging the growth, development and distribution of
> free geospatial data and to providing geospatial data for anyone to use
> and share."
>
> I'm happy to grant some rights to my data to such a foundation so that I
> don't have to care about every legal bit myself.

I would be more than happy to grant my rights to a foundation that truly acts
upon this statement. Unfortunately, they do not.

Olaf