[OSM-legal-talk] I want my access back

Henk Hoff osm at toffehoff.nl
Sun Aug 14 18:00:31 BST 2011

Op 14-08-11 15:02, Olaf Schmidt-Wischhöfer schreef:
> Hi Henk,
>
> [Henk Hoff, 14.08.2011, 14:25]:
>> If you talk about future license changes as defined in the CT: active
>> contributors are defined as contributors who have edited the map in at
>> least 3 different months (don't have to be consecutively) in the
>> previous year.
> Exactly. So someone who has contributed for several years, but only during two
> months of the previous year, is not allowed to vote.

With all due respect. The user in your example where I was refering to,
*would* be allowed to vote. During the discussion about the definition
of the Active Contributor, we've changed it so a seasonal mapper would
not be denied voting.

The definition of Active Contributors is about *active* contributors.
Would you not expect that contributors who are actively involved with
OSM that they would at least do some more work than an occasional
once-a-year mapping? Based on the definition in the CT people know what
to do to be involved with the future license of OSM. If contributing in
3 different months during the last year would be too much of a burden,
are you then really involved?
And just in case that's really too hard, join the OSMF as a member.

Cheers,
Henk