[OSM-legal-talk] I want my access back

yarrel@gmail.com rob at robmyers.org
Mon Aug 15 09:57:21 BST 2011

If you cc0 your work anyone can relicence it.

So do that and then contribute it under the cts and there isn't a problem.

Florian Lohoff <f at zz.de> wrote:

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 07:49:18AM +0200, Michael Kugelmann wrote:
> So you declare that you don't matter what happens with you data:
> everybody can do anything he likes. This means the OSMF can take all
> your data and publish it under any any licence they want.
>
> Question: which problem do you have with the ODBL? You can accept
> the ODBL/CT and additionally check the PD flag => that's exactly
> what you want according to your Wiki page.

I wont accept the CT as it grant special rights to the OSMF. I would
be happy to check a box saying my edits are CC0/PD. But why on
earth should i grant the OSMF the right to relicense? Its about
trust and the OSMF did nothing to gain my trust in the whole process.

So right now i cant continue editing because my login is blocked
as i dont grant special rights to the OSMF.

> BTW: to set the whole OSM database under PD is not capable of
> winning a majority => no choice.

This is just a myth - There has been no poll of the contributers
which license would be acceptable. And a Forum on a SOTM to "discuss"
already thought of license content is not a poll, not an open result
process.

Flo
Florian Lohoff f at zz.de