[OSM-legal-talk] I want my access back

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Mon Aug 15 22:15:40 BST 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 04:45:41PM -0400, Anthony wrote:
> So what's the problem?  You don't want to grant OSMF the right to
> relicense.  OSMF doesn't want your edits without the right to
> relicense them.
>
> Why do you want to force your edits, *which they don't want*, upon them?

I have a problem with the OSMF saying it represents OSM. But at
least it does not represent me nor have i seen a formal delegation
of the OSMs future to the OSMF.

So i see multiple problems with the whole relicensing process:

- No legitimation of the OSMF e.g. vote by all contributers
  or delegation of powers to the OSMF by the contributers
- No Contributers formal poll or majority to
  a) a license change
  b) license content

So please dont state that the OSMF represents the contributers. It does not.
And if we see the contributers beeing OSM so the OSMF neither represents OSM.

So even if you disagree on parts you might accept that some of the
contributers feel exspelled from OSM by the OSMF which some of us
feel is a very nebulous foundation which is not really connected to
our daily work but still requests all powers.

Flo