[OSM-legal-talk] Adopt a PD-Mapper ....... was Re: Refusing CT but declaring contributions as PD

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 11:19:30 BST 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch> wrote:

> Would the LWG support assigning the change sets of mappers that have made
> some kind of PD/CC0 declaration, to mappers that are willing to vouch for
> the data and accept the CTs?

This seems simple.  All you need to do is contact a mapper and ask him to
give you his username and password.  You can then accept the CTs on that
account, change the email address and proceed as normal.

Don't really see any need to involve the LWG.  They would need to go through
a similar process of contacting the mapper anyway I expect, so you might as
well just get on with it.