[OSM-legal-talk] Licensing the license

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Mon Dec 12 16:08:46 GMT 2011

We have had a request for another big open organisation to re-use our
contributor terms [1] and summary [2] .

Both the terms and the summary are by default already published under
CC-BY-SA 2.0.  However, my initial thought it that it is more practical
to (also) offer them under a license that does not require attribution.
Legal pages get confusing when they contain text not completely to the
point, particularly to non-native language readers. PD0 springs to
mind.  Does anyone think this is a bad idea and if so why?

Mike
LWG

[1]http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/Contributor_Terms
[2]http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/Contributor_Terms_Summary