[OSM-legal-talk] CTs and the 1 April deadline

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 16:32:46 GMT 2011

On 5 January 2011 02:26, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> And besides, there is another alternative to individual ownership and
> collective ownership, and that is no ownership.  If we don't want
> individual ownership, that's fine with me, but that means the data
> should be public domain.

Unfortunately that conflicts with other practical issues, such as most
non-US government data that requires at least attribution of some
sort, which then leads to duplication of efforts, rather than the
ability to collaberate and everyone will be better off.

Although it may be quite some time before most agencies that may have
donated up until now will blindly accept changes back due to QA
issues, but changes could fire off a "you need to check here" type
notification.