[OSM-legal-talk] Contributor Terms upgrade ready

Olaf Schmidt-Wischhöfer olaf at amen-online.de
Tue Jan 18 18:00:16 GMT 2011

Hi Mike,

on December 5, you wrote an email to this list that the words "and any party
that receives Your Contents" in section 2 were only added because of a cock-up
and you promised to investigate. Now they are in the final text as well, but
not marked as such in the diff marked version.

The effect of these additional words is that all content becomes available to
everyone without any limitation whatsoever, i.e. it makes all contributions
effectively public domain.

Can you confirm that this is the only undocumented change, that it was a
mistake, and that it will be corrected before going live?

I would also like to give you feedback on the new CT. They are improved over
the old version, but they still do not address my main concern that I
described in the second half of an email I sent in November:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/legal-talk/2010-November/005256.html

Olaf