[OSM-legal-talk] license change effect on un-tagged nodes

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Tue Jul 5 14:26:18 BST 2011

You need to consider and to apply due diligence.
A deleted road/way/node is deleted, and by fiddling
around with its properties, nodes or ways, you won't
change its legal status.

If you need to preserve a name of street (as an example)
that you observed yourself withing the license CT conditions
you need to link the name to other map objects that comply with
the license and ct.

So: I once noted a road from node xxx to yyy (both compliant nodes)
and its name was "observed name"; I have not the slightest idea how it
routed, but I know the name (and other properties), because .....
(CT and LICENCE compatible proof inserted).

>From these written observations, you may apply
this name again to a new captured road that replaces the deleted road.

Regards,

 Gert Gremmen,