[OSM-legal-talk] license change effect on un-tagged nodes

Andreas Perstinger andreas.perstinger at gmx.net
Wed Jul 6 07:46:50 BST 2011

Sorry for replying late but I had to leave for the night shift yesterday.

On 2011-07-05 15:28, John Smith wrote:
> On 5 July 2011 23:04, Andreas Perstinger<andreas.perstinger at gmx.net>  wrote:
>>  What do you consider as "same result"? How far away do I have to place a node?
>>  If I put one additional node into the way or remove one, is that enough?
>
> The same as in an identical result, if they use the same sources then
> the only difference is their creative interpretation of the data
> sources into producing map data.

Let's leave the theory and do the little experiment you suggested :-).

I guess, you consider the way 115031489[1] as copyright protected, right?

Then what about the attached alternative versions? For each version I
started JOSM, opened a new layer, added the node (-31.069902030361792,
152.7777728383561) which is close to the beginning of the road, loaded
the Bing background and traced the road. Between each session there were
at least 5 minutes.
If I would replace the original way with one version, would that be a
copyright infringement?

Bye, Andreas

1 http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/115031489